Premises that sell alcohol, have certain types of entertainment or sell hot food after 11.00 pm, require a premises licence under the Licensing Act 2003.  

Westminster City Council has strict policies and enforcement regimes, a link to the policy is below.  Soho is also in Westminster’s cumulative impact area which means that many applications are subject to a presumption to refuse and many others need to be justified on almost as strict a basis. 

Thomas & Thomas Partners deal with Westminster on a daily basis and you should not hesitate to contact Alun should you have any queries regarding a licence or a licensing application.
Alun Thomas advises the SBA on licensing issues. You can find his profile and contact details here.